Rejuran Healer Skinbooster for Rejuvenation
What is Rejuran Healer?
Rejuran Healer is an injectable polynucleotide (PN) skin booster. Polynucleotide chains are DNA fragments that repair damaged dermal (skin) cells and assist in collagen stimulation. Rejuran is also known in the market as 婴儿针 (in Mandarin).
What are polyneucleotides (PN)?
Polydeoxyribonuclotides (PDRN) has previously been used as a skin injectable for anti-ageing and hair growth treatments in Korea, and medically for regeneration purposes. PN is a purer and more concentrated form of PDRN and has stronger regenerative properties.
PN in Rejuran is extracted from Salmon DNA, which is known to have excellent biocompatibility with human skin without any immune response, thus making this treatment highly suitable for most people.
Types of Rejuran
Rejuran comes in 3 forms.
- Rejuran Healer for full face rejuvenation
- Rejuran S for scar treatment
- Rejuran I for under-eye rejuvenation.
Rejuran Healer for Full Face Rejuventation
- Activates revitalization of the skin by promoting cell growth through inducing fibroblast production. (Fibroblasts are responsible for collagen production.)
- Slows down ageing and thickens the skin barrier for a stronger defense barrier against environment and non-environmental factors that cause premature aging of the skin.
- Improves skin elasticity by increasing collagen production and promote healing of damaged skin as well as reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face, neck, and under eyes.
- Improves skin hydration by up to 14.69% in a study done Korean dermatologists.
- Helps reduce sunken acne scars and minimizes pores by repairing damaged skin and collagen structures damaged by previous inflammation from acne.
What conditions can Rejuran used for?
- Ageing and loose skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars and large pores
- Rough and dehydrated skin
- Overall maintenance for healthier, brighter, and younger skin
What is the difference between Rejuran Healer and Skinboosters?
• Polyneucleotide (Salmon DNA) Injectable
• For skin healing, restoration
• Requires 3 – 4 treatments, done 3 – 4 weeks apart
• Maintenance every 6 – 12 months
• Hyaluronic Acid Injectable
• For hydration, skin smoothening
• Requires 3 treatments, done 4 weeks apart
• Maintenance every 6 – 12 months
The ever-popular Skinboosters, or 水光针, is a hyaluronic acid injectable treatment.
Hyaluronic Acid Skinboosters are effective for hydration and brightening of the skin, but does not have collagen-stimulating and anti-aging properties like Rejuran Healer, as Rejuran Healer contains polynucleotides.
Aside from hydration, one can expect tighter, brighter, and softer skin from Rejuran Healer treatments.
Skinboosters and Rejuran can be done in combination for better results.
How is the procedure done?
Before the procedure, topical numbing cream is applied so the procedure is nearly painless.
Like Skinboosters, Rejuran Healer can injected into the dermis layer of the skin either by an injector gun, or by manual injections with a very small needle. Dr. Tan recommends the manual injection technique as it ensures that none of the product leaks during the procedure for best results. Also, with manual injections, downtime with Rejuran is lesser and minimal.
After the procedure, a LED light therapy will be used to further enhance results and recovery.
How many treatments do I need for Rejuran Healer?
Each Rejuran Healer treatment as skinboosters utilizes 1 syringe (2ml) of Rejuran Healer for a full face treatment. 3 – 4 treatments are recommended, 3 – 4 weeks apart.
As maintenance, a single treatment is then repeated once every 6 – 12 months to fight against the effects of aging.
How soon can I see results from Rejuran Healer injections?
The restoration process is largely dependent on individual’s cellular turnover rate, but a marked improvement to the skin can usually be observed within a few days of the first treatment, and the best results are observed after 3-4 treatments.
Is there any downtime for the Rejuran Healer?
Downtime with Rejuran Healer is very minimal as the needle used is very small. Patients may experience slight bumpiness of the skin right after the treatment, but this usually subsides within 30 – 60 mins.
Minimal redness is experienced with manual injections, which is why it is also a popular choice with Dr. Tan!
Who is suitable for Rejuran?
Humans start aging and losing collagen from their mid-twenties, hence Rejuran may be recommended for both men and women from their mid-twenties onwards. Rejuran is also suitable for people suffering from sunken acne scars and poor skin texture.
More about Rejuran S as a Scar Treatment
Find out more about how Rejuran S is now revolutionizing treatment of acne scarring!