Acne Zero Programme
Do you have severe clogged pores from stubborn blackheads or whiteheads? Are you experiencing bad breakouts due to hormonal imbalance? Or have you been suffering from cystic acne over a prolonged period?
Whether teenage acne, adult acne, or persistent acne, Dr. YZ Tan of Mizu Aesthetic Clinic has developed Acne Zero program – a 6-month treatment plan combining different lasers and procedures depending on the severity of your condition – that aims to clear your acne effectively.
At Mizu, we believe in (1) Control, (2) Elimination and (3) Maintenance. This 3 stage process in our 6-month Acne Zero Program will ensure that your acne subsides progressively under the care of Dr. YZ Tan as we get you en route to flawless skin.
The first step of controlling acne is the most important step in the treatment process. The main objectives are to reduce oil production, unclog pores, and reduce inflammation/pus.
Oil control can be achieved with a Salicylic acid peel (chemical peel). Because salicylic acid binds to oil, it penetrates deep into the clogged pores where there is a build-up of oil. Basically, this peel works to dry up oil glands, exfoliates and unclogs from inside the pore out, and also has an added anti-inflammatory effect.
A Salicylic acid peel is often given every 2-3 weeks until skin starts to clear up.
In addition to a peel, extraction of stubborn blackheads and whiteheads is also needed to ensure the control of acne. This can be done effectively with the HydraFacial treatment which utilises Vortex technology to dislodge black/whiteheads and vacuum suction to remove them painlessly, leaving the skin clean and fresh.
Last but not least, topical medication can also be given to help with inflammation and oil control.
Eliminating acne will involve using our laser machines to target P-acne bacteria which causes pimples. Several forms of laser treatment can be utilised for the elimination of P-acne; this includes the Q-Switched Laser, Accelera Acne Laser, Carbon Laser Peel, and Pro Yellow Laser.
- Used to kill P-acne bacteria
- Shrinks oil glands and helps with oil control
- Lightens dark acne marks
Accelera Acne Laser
- Utilises two wavelengths of laser to effectively kill P-acne bacteria
- Reduces and eliminate facial hair which results in less clogged pores and clearer skin
- Reduces redness caused by inflammation by coagulating superficial blood vessels
Carbon Laser Peel
- Reduces the inflammation of acne and also exfoliate the skin
- Kills P-acne bacteria that cause acne
- Carbon powder penetrates into pores and delivers laser energy to clear acne
- Reduces pore size and removes black and whiteheads
Pro Yellow Laser
- Utilises yellow light to destroy the P-Acne bacteria
- Shrinks the sebaceous glands
- Reduces the production of oil and sebum
A key part in keeping acne at bay is maintaining good skin habits. This means you have to be diligent in washing your face, applying antibiotic cream to treat the acne, and keeping your skin protected with non-comedogenic products that will not clog pores.